top of page

First Baptist Church Parsonage

124 West 1st Street

 

Colonial Revival
1900-1908
Architect Unknown
Building Unaltered

 

Built as a duplex between 1900 and 1908. Used from 1908 through at
least the 1940s as the First Baptist Church Parsonage.
Ministers who resided there included;
C.S. Maddox (1908-1913),
W.H.Fowle (1918-1920),
J.L.Bell(1921-1922),
F.E.Hawes(1923-1924),
W.B.Percival(1925-1927)
James Fisher(1927-1930)
Rev. Arthur S.Wahl(1930-1940s)


Arthur S. Wahl Jr. a retired banker from Valley National Bank owned the
property until his death in 1996.

 

The symmetry, deep veranda with turned posts, and hip roof with a pedimented dormer, make this an excellent example of a Colonial Revival house.
The house is being restored by the Nikolich family.

bottom of page