top of page
155 N.Macdonald.jpg

Mets House

155 North Macdonald Street


Colonial Revival
Architect Unknown
Building Facade Altered


Built between 1900 and 1905 as the home of Mesa pioneer Phil Mets, who operated the Mesa Livery Stable and later the Mets Hotel on North Macdonald. Mets occupied the home until 1918.


From 1920 through the 1940’s the house was owned and occupied by the Sam Cohen family.


Cohen was born in Rumania and came
to Mesa in 1910. Cohen owned Cohen Mercantile Co. and was also a charter member of the Mesa Shrine Club and the Phoenix Consistory.  He served as master and treasurer of the Oriental Masonic Lodge, treasurer of the Mesa Hiram Club, and president of the B’nai B’rith.


bottom of page