top of page

Phelps/Wilbur/Marsh House

122 North Macdonald Street

 

Colonial Revival
1905
Architect Unknown
Building Altered, Minor

 


Built in 1905 for Gove E.Phelps.  Gove Phelps was born in 1879 in Lee’s Ferry, AZ in route to Mesa with the original Mormon pioneers. Phelps was a salesman for O.S. Stapley and later owned the Rex Hotel, previously named Rexall Rooming House, located on West Main Street.

Phelps lived in the house until 1916 then moved to the Rex Hotel where he lived until his death in 1941. Mrs. Sarah D. Wilbur occupied the house from 1920 to 1930.

 

In 1930 the house was sold to Wilbur B. Marsh. The house was owned by the Marsh family until 1995, when Mark and Candace Reeb purchased and restored the property.

 

An excellent example of the Colonial Revival Style, with hipped, bellcast roof, symmetrical facade, and hip roof  veranda with classical columns.

bottom of page