top of page
159 N.Macdonald.jpg

Hakes House

159 North Macdonald Street


Tudor Revival
Architect Unknown
Building Unaltered


Originally a Vernacular Adobe Style house, it was constructed between 1884-1890 for Collins R. Hakes, who from May, 1894 through 1905 was president of the Maricopa Stake of the LDS.


The original adobe rooms still exist on the interior of the present building. From 1912 to 1923, the house was owned and occupied
by Phil Isely and family. At that time Isley was manager of the Mesa Ford Agency.


During the 1930’s and 1940’s the house was owned by
W. P. McDavid who, in the late 1930’s, undertook the additions and  modifications.


The house is currently owned by the Burns family, who purchased it in 1952.

Illustrates Tudor Revival stylistic modifications to a 1880’s Vernacular adobe house. The brick veneer was added.


bottom of page